- I made a few change for those of us that are diabetic in this simple but good pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (splenda brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup (karo lite)
- 2 tablespoons butter (I can't believe it's not butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked frozen pie shell (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, gently beat eggs. Stir in sugar and flour, then the syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Fold in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; knife inserted in center of pie should come out clean.
Some prefer to toast their pecans first for a more rich, nutty flavor.
If you find that your crust becomes too dark, you can use a pie shield or sculpted aluminum foil to cover the exposed pie crust edges and prevent them from burning.