- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 2¾ cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray Two (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; dust bottom and sides with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend at medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake, if desired. Visit www.splenda.com for a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
- Calories 430 | Calories from Fat 230 | Fat 25g (Saturated 5g) | Cholesterol 70mg | Sodium 380mg | Carbohydrates 42g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 23g | Protein 6g
1 cup chopped walnuts