Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Bisque Recipe
- 1 – 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 – 14 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, torn
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
1. Preheat large soup pot. Drizzle with olive oil. Add onions. Saute over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and saute for just a minute more. Add tomato sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes, vegetables stock, sugar to pot. Salt and pepper soup to taste.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Add to soup and bring to a simmer. Soup will thicken. Add milk and basil. Heat through, but don’t boil again. Turn heat off and serve.