- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla baking chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium bowl set aside flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together white sugar, light brown sugar and butter (do not use shortening). Add slightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture until just mixed. Stir in vanilla chips, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place on ungreased cookie sheet by small scoop or rounded teaspoon. Bake for 10 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven and let cool. Cookies will sink slightly.
- Variations: To make chocolate cookies - omit 1/2 cup flour and replace with 1/2 cup cocoa. To make refrigerator cookies - Roll dough into 2 rolls, wrap with plastic wrap and chill or freeze. (If you freeze the dough - thaw for at least 1/2 hr). Slice 1 inch slices - cut into 4 and place on baking sheet point up. For fancier cookies: Drizzle melted white chocolate on chocolate cookies and melted dark chocolate on the white cookie. Enjoy