Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blue Cheese and Walnut Spread

I am hosting the family's thanksgiving this year, we are going to have a lot of guest this year. I love cooking and such, so for me it is fun. I am going to serve some appetizers and this is a good one that I use. I ususally slice some granny smiths with a squeeze of lemon and serve this dip with some whole grain crackerc along  the granny smiths  on a pretty platter, it is a big hit which makes me look like, I know what, I am doing.

Ingredients
·         4-ounce bar of cream cheese, room temperature
·         1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
·         Coarse salt and ground pepper
·         4 ounces (1 cup) cold crumbled blue cheese, such as Stilton
·         Crackers or crostini, for serving
Directions
In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese with a wooden spoon until softened. Mix in walnuts; season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in blue cheese, breaking up as little as possible. Transfer mixture to a small bowl; smooth top. Serve with crackers . To store: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, up to 1 week

No comments:

Post a Comment