I found this on one of my favorite recipe sites to visit called taste of home. I have tons of cookbooks from them. My hubby says how many cookbooks do you need? well, we can all tell who the cook is in the family is. I am going to make this at thanksgiving this year it looks so yummy and simple, my kind of a recipe.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands®, All Natural, No Corn Syrup Added, Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim and flute edges. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining eggs; gradually whisk in caramel topping until blended. Pour slowly over pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned (loosely cover edges with foil after 20 minutes if pie browns too quickly). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Smucker’s ice cream topping.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 502 calories, 33 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.