- 1 cup Karo® Lite Syrup*
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of splenda
- 1/2 cup of splenda brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smart balance spread, melted
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
diabetic pecan pie
If you weren't aware Karo has a corn sryup with half the sugar of the orginal. If you are a type 2 diabetic you should be able to use it and have some pecan pie.