Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chicken Fiesta Dip

Sometimes being a diabetic during  the holidays are hard, I have lost 3 pds since thanksgiving, because of my disease, I am forced to eat right. It really isn't that bad either, because you can my some delicous food. I got this off the kraft website http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chicken-fiesta-dip-107283.aspx they offer a lot of tasty recipes for people like me who are diabetic. Since I was diagnosed with this disease, I have lost a total of 80 pds which is super, I have totally changed my eating habits, and discovered it doesn't have to be fattening to be good, enjoy this holiday recipe
Chicken Fiesta Dip recipe



4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
1 cup  BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
1 pkt. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1-1/2 cups  chopped cooked chicken
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided
4   green onions, sliced
1 small tomato, chopped
1/4 cup  sliced black olives
WHEAT THINS Big Snack Crackers

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.
MIX first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Stir in chicken, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and onions.
SPOON into 9-inch pie plate.
BAKE 25 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining shredded cheese, tomatoes and olives. Serve with crackers.

Calories  170 Total fat  7 g Saturated fat  2 g Cholesterol  15 mg Sodium  430 mg Carbohydrate  22 g dietary fiber  1 g Sugars  4 g Protein  5 g Vitamin A  6 %DV Vitamin C  0 %DV Calcium  10 %DV
Carb Choices: 1-1/2
Diet Exchange
1-1/2 Starch + 1 Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment